AREAA’s annual trip to Washington D.C. kicks off this May 15th-17th as we head back to Capitol Hill to lobby for policies that will help increase sustainable AAPI homeownership.
This trip is a great experience for everyone, whether you’ve been several times or never before. This is also a family friendly trip, so we encourage members to bring kids, spouses, family – anyone who cares about AAPI housing and wants to experience the pride of directly participating in our democracy!
We are working with your chapter leaders to set appointments with Senators and Representatives from around the country, and we need your presence on-site to help us make a lasting impression.
So RSVP today, book your room through our block using the hotel link below the Schedule of Events, and we’ll be in touch soon to let you know the next steps.
Tentative Schedule of Events:
May 14th, 2018
– Travel Day –
– 5-6PM EST: Policy Training @ St. Gregory Hotel –
– 6PM EST: Local Chapter Reception @ St. Gregory Hotel –
May 15th, 2018
– 8-10AM EST: Policy Training and Forum on Capitol Hill –
– 10AM-5PM: Hill and Agency Visits –
– 6PM EST: APAICS Gala* –
*Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for information on purchasing tickets for the APAICS Gala*
– 8AM-6PM EST: Hill and Agency Visits –
– 8PM EST: Local Chapter + theEDGE Farewell Reception @ Location TBD –
Hotel is $289 p/n (please note that our room block will run out quickly, and prices in DC for this time of year can be very expensive – so book as soon as you can confirm your attendance)