AREAA’s annual trip to Washington D.C. kicks off this May 15th-17th as we head back to Capitol Hill to lobby for policies that will help increase sustainable AAPI homeownership.
This trip is a great experience for everyone, whether you’ve been several times or never before. This is also a family friendly trip, so we encourage members to bring kids, spouses, family – anyone who cares about AAPI housing and wants to experience the pride of directly participating in our democracy!
We are working with your chapter leaders to set appointments with Senators and Representatives from around the country, and we need your presence on-site to help us make a lasting impression.
So RSVP today, book your room through our block using the hotel link below the Schedule of Events, and we’ll be in touch soon to let you know the next steps.
Tentative Schedule of Events:
May 14th, 2018
– Travel Day –
– 5:00PM – 6:00PM EST: Policy Training @ St. Gregory Hotel –
– 6:00PM – 7:30PM EST: Reception @ St. Gregory Hotel sponsored by Vantage Score –
May 15th, 2018
– 7:30AM – 10:00AM EST: Policy Summit at Rayburn Building (2168 Gold Room) –
– 10:30AM EST: Photo at the Capitol Steps –
– 11:00AM – 5:00PM: Hill Visits –
– 3:00PM – 4:00PM: CFPB Briefing (1700 G Street, NW) –
– 6:00PM EST: APAICS Gala (Washington Hilton) –
– 9:00AM – 10:00AM: FHFA Briefing (400 7th Street, SW) –
– 11:00AM – 12:00PM EST: Federal Reserve Briefing (Federal Reserve Boardroom) –
– 1:00PM – 2:30 PM EST: WHIAAPI (with Treasury and HUD) Briefing with Holly Ham (550 12th Street, SW) –
– 5:00PM – 6:00PM: Reception with Leaders Forum at the Washington Post Penthouse –